Books by Sydney

Books by Sydney
Visit my online bookstore

Writing Services

Writing Services
Proofreading, editing, and document review for writers, grad students, and entrepreneurs.

Community

Community
Coming soon...

About me

About me
Coming soon...

Unexpected blessings

October 24, 2010

This morning as I sat on my front steps browsing through the Sunday paper, I found myself crying while reading an article about Bucket Lists.  It was supposed to be an upbeat article about all the really cool things that people had on their lists and the joy of crossing things off one by one .

I've been going through a bit of a tough time lately and the thought of creating a list of wonderful things that I'd never realistically be able to afford to do made me very sad.  That said, I'd started a list this summer that only has two items on it so far: (1) to see Sade perform in concert - anywhere - and (2) to see Jonathan Butler perform live in South Africa.

A few minutes ago I got an e-mail from my daughter, Lindsey, containing concert ticket confirmation information.  My darling daughter bought two second row club seat tickets for me to attend the Sade concert in Philadelphia in June 2011!  And as if that's not enough, "Your Love Is King" (by Sade) just came on the radio as I started typing this very paragraph.  I'm convinced this is God's way of telling me that I mustn't forget that He is in control, and that through Him, anything and everything is possible.  He can always make a way, even when I can't see one. Tonight I thank God and I thank Lindsey.

4 comments:

Syd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evelyn said...

Your posting brought to mind a quote from the English poet, Robert Browning: "A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Continue to build your own "Bucket List" and God will continue to lead you onward and upward.

October 25, 2010 at 7:35 PM
Sundi Jo said...

Love it! Isn't He so incredible like that? He loves to show off. Thrilled He is alive in your life! Praying for you sweet friend.

October 30, 2010 at 6:48 PM
Nancy K. said...

I guess maybe it's time I started my bucket list!
;-)

Thanks for sharing.

November 4, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·New Calling by TNB