Books by Sydney

Books by Sydney
Visit my online bookstore

Writing Services

Writing Services
Proofreading, editing, and document review for writers, grad students, and entrepreneurs.

Community

Community
Coming soon...

About me

About me
Coming soon...

Lazy, lovely Sunday afternoon

October 3, 2010

Today I had lunch with a wonderful new friend and sister-in-Christ, Carol.  We met through LinkedIn.  Yes, real-life connections can and do happen there. We spent the afternoon getting to know each other.  We shared our stories and our dreams.  We marveled at all the things we're discovering that we have in common, and we've already started finding ways we can encourage and lift each other up.  

After lunch we did a little window shopping and on the way back to our cars we ran into a few musicians conducting an impromptu jam session on the sidewalk.  As it turns out, Carol new them from the local music scene.  One thing led to another and before I knew it, Carol was standing there on the sidewalk singing a jazz standard.  

Beautiful weather, good food, new friends, lovely music, soft breezes... now that's a beautiful way to spend a Sunday afternoon.  I thank God for allowing my path to cross Carol's.  If you live in the Richmond area, be sure to check Carol out. You'll be blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·New Calling by TNB