Books by Sydney

Books by Sydney
Visit my online bookstore

Writing Services

Writing Services
Proofreading, editing, and document review for writers, grad students, and entrepreneurs.

Community

Community
Coming soon...

About me

About me
Coming soon...

Praying inside the box

November 1, 2010

Many people believe that we should ask God for what we want, leave our prayers with Him, and move on, knowing that He will answer our prayers in His time and in His way.  In theory that makes perfect sense.  I wish I was disciplined enough to do it.  I've gotten better about not repeating the same prayer over
and over again, but for some reason I still find it hard to let my prayers go.

I was looking through my jewelry box yesterday and I found my prayer box.  It's a very tiny silver box charm on a thin silver chain.  Inside I found a tiny strip of paper, dated August 2009, on which I'd typed my prayer for that season of my life, namely that God would bless me with a home by the end of the year.  At that point I hadn't started looking for a house. I closed on my home on October 1st, only two months later.

Today I replaced that prayer with three new ones.  Knowing that they're there, hidden in plain sight, and knowing that God answered in amazing ways the last time, I think I'll be able to let go and let God on these prayers too.  I'm excited to see how He's going to move (and when).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·New Calling by TNB