Books by Sydney

Books by Sydney
Visit my online bookstore

Writing Services

Writing Services
Proofreading, editing, and document review for writers, grad students, and entrepreneurs.

Community

Community
Coming soon...

About me

About me
Coming soon...

Do your shoes fit?

October 18, 2010

According to author Barbara Sher, "the reason most of us haven't been able to run after our dreams is that we were wearing the wrong size shoes. All we have to do is discover what fits us, and chances are we'll do just fine!"

The more I think about this, the more true I find it to be - on so many levels. For years, my "work shoes" were too big. And perhaps even worse, my "personal shoes" were too small.

What a beautifully simple analogy to help me understand why I constantly struggled, stumbled and fell. For years I wore the shoes that I thought I was supposed to be wearing. Like Cinderella's step-sisters, I tried hard to convince myself and others that they fit, no matter how uncomfortable they were.

It wasn't until I took them off -- not by choice, but because I just couldn't stand them a minute longer -- that I realized that they didn't fit at all. Not only did they not feel right for me, but I didn't even like the way I looked in them! How could it have taken me so long to figure this out?

Well, the good news is that I did figure it out. And after quite a few years of walking through life in poorly fitting shoes, I've finally figured out what works for me. God has given me new shoes now and they were made just for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·New Calling by TNB