Books by Sydney

Books by Sydney
Visit my online bookstore

Writing Services

Writing Services
Proofreading, editing, and document review for writers, grad students, and entrepreneurs.

Community

Community
Coming soon...

About me

About me
Coming soon...

Patience pays

May 4, 2011

I spent at least 4 hours over the past weekend searching for a 42" TV.  Never mind that I need a new TV like a need a hole in the head, but I really wanted one.  It's been a very challenging winter on several fronts and I needed something tangible to boost my spirits and remind me that I'm not making all the sacrifices I'm making for nothing.

By Sunday afternoon I was so frustrated and exhausted with the process of trying to figure out which TV was the best value that I was ready to buy anything - just to be able to be done with it so I could go home and watch a movie.  Everytime I made a decision, I found out that the TV I'd chosen wasn't available in-stock, or they only had one left and the stand was missing. Great.

Thankfully that small still voice, confirmed by a friend who'd come along to help me get my new TV home, convinced me that perhaps the reason I was having so much trouble with this decision was because that was not the time to make the purchase.  Of course that only made me more frustrated, but I resisted the urge to buy one anyway, and went home.

By yesterday I felt ready to try again.  I made a few phone calls and realized that model I was leaning towards was no longer available and the next closest model was $75 more.  When I got to the store determined to buy this one while I had the chance, something amazing happened.  I found a similar TV, with double the Hz speed (refresh rate) for $200 less!  I got the TV set-up last night and discovered that I love it.  I am a very satisfied customer, but more importantly, I am again humbled by the lessons God teaches us in the most unexpected ways.  He's always talking. It's up to us to listen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·New Calling by TNB