Books by Sydney

Books by Sydney
Visit my online bookstore

Writing Services

Writing Services
Proofreading, editing, and document review for writers, grad students, and entrepreneurs.

Community

Community
Coming soon...

About me

About me
Coming soon...

Is your call still waiting?

September 1, 2010


"Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” I don't know where that quote originated, but I saw it posted on FaceBook recently. It's so true... and so applicable to my life .

I've been procrastinating for years on committing fully to what I believe my calling to be. I convinced myself that I had great reasons for holding
off, but it boils down to one ugly truth: fear.  Fear of not being able to support myself financially, fear of failure, fear of success, fear of uncertainty, fear of not having a steady paycheck, fear of not having health insurance or sick leave.
As valid as my fears may be, none of them address the most important issue. I believe that I've been called to a purpose, but recognizing the call isn't enough. I'm not going to be at peace until I answer that call.

What about you? Do you know what your life purpose is? Are you doing it? If, so, do you have any advice you can share on moving beyond the fear and going for it? If not, why not? If not now, when?


Care to join me in a challenge to answer the call waiting?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·New Calling by TNB